Logo
  • Blog Slide
  • Blog Slide
  • Blog Slide

Six Tips to Finding a Affordable Dental Care

Implants dentist

A recent study showed that 96% of adults believe a good smile makes a person more attractive to the opposite sex, but what happens when you don’t have enough money to get that whitening procedure you’ve always wanted? Or that simple teeth cleaning you’ve had to put off?

Finding an affordable dentist can solve all of these problems, as well as searching for low cost dental work. Here are six ways to find an affordable dentist and dental work.

  1. Insurance: Gum disease is said to be the most common cause for tooth loss — don’t wait until you have this problem! Get insured first, then find a family dentist within your price budget. Compare quotes and be sure to read what each plan will cover. You may not even have to pay for a cleaning.
  2. Call around: Around 80% of dentists offer general dentistry services, while the other 20% are dental specialists who limit their skills to one specialty area, such as a dental implants specialist. Conduct your dentist search by asking what types of insurance they honor.
  3. Try college: Many universities with dental programs will have clinics that patients can use at a reduced rate. This helps the dental students practice and also gives their schools tax breaks and grants, while you receive reduced services — it’s a win-win situation.
  4. Dental clinics: Look for a general family dentistry clinic run by churches or non-profit organizations. An affordable dentist will always be happy to help you at any of these locations, they will simply ask for a donation in return for a basic cleaning procedure.
  5. Go abroad: This may seem counter-intuitive when it comes to saving money, but if you need a lot of dental cosmetic work done or a major surgery such as implants, it may actually be more cost effective to head to Mexico, India, or Japan.
  6. Try trials: Depending on what you need done and your overall general health, you may qualify for a free clinical trial for anything from treatment and prevention to diagnostics and screening. The researchers will also be able to test their products and devices.

Tooth decay is four times more common than asthma in young adults; don’t wait until you have a dental emergency to seek out low-cost dental care. Be prepared and start searching now.
More can be found here.

Medical Mission Trips

Thanks for visiting our site. We bring you news, weather and financial information for the medical field. Take a look around and you will certainly find something that interests and helps you.

Travel Medically

 
Ashburn, Va



Sorry! No actual weather data available!


Health News

Finance

error : cannot receive stock quote information